This morning I woke up to gloomy skies and wind. I waited for a while to see if it was going to clear up, so as soon as the sun started to peek through the clouds, I took off for the beach. The sun was pretty much out but it was already windy, but I went out anyway. It was later, so I didn’t trust the wind and decided to stay close to home. I paddled north towards Kalama Park but the wind was actually blowing from the south. I didn’t know if the wind was going to change direction, but I ended up paddling against the wind all the way down to Kam 2! The ocean was very bumpy! I didn’t see one single turtle today either. I paddled for an hour and then came in, but on the way in I encountered competing conditions. The wind continued to blow from the south, but the current was pushing from the north creating some rocky conditions!
It was still windy when I went for my swim but when I left the beach about 12:30 p.m., the wind backed off and the ocean conditions were better than earlier in the morning! Figures. Hopefully tomorrow will be calmer!